Life goes on!

Don't let your current circumstances hinder the now.

The start of the year 2020 felt like a dark tunnel with no way out. I stood in this tunnel in fear, not knowing which way to go, wondering if I was in danger, or would I find a way out. At times, I felt like screaming for help or for someone to show up and show me the way, but it was easier to stand there and let the tears flow. This calming voice reassured me that it was not the end of my journey, it was just the beginning. Yep, just a chapter in my book of life. Gaining and losing is part of life but treat them the same way because losing at times open doors you didn't notice before. Not all circumstances will come to bring you joy, but bringing myself to see my loss as a lesson was eye-opening. The questions we tend to ask ourselves when we are going through some tough times is usually why me or what did I do to deserve this. In reality, we will never have a detailed answer to these questions, but know it is not happening to you but for you.

Certain events are definitely there to test your faith, strength, and courage, while others are there to remind you of who you are and where you are meant to be. Some will come as a wake-up call to alert you on what's most important. Some will assist you to discover the different layers of your being. 

The month of January basically left a box filled with lessons right at my door. This is how my imaginative world played it in my head: 
January: knock knock! 
Me: Who is it?
January: Oh! Don't worry who's at your door, come grab this box because you have some work to do. December forgot to mention that it was just the beginning.
December: Sorry, I should have warned you.
Me: *Inserting puzzled meme*
February is sitting right at the corner, waiting to check how I'm doing with everything.

I came to the realization while all you ever have known is to be strong, but then again, it is fine to cry, scream and feel sad as long as you are not going to keep your mindset there wholly. Sometimes the most we can do to keep our heads above everything, is to keep going, and keep pushing because life doesn't stop for anyone.


"If you are asked to achieve an ending somehow, this also means that you are receiving an order to begin anew; a new beginning is always possible - who should refuse it?"
― Rainer Maria Rilke






Steffi Saint-Pierre♥

All Right Reserved

Comments

Unknown said…
It is 3:17am...Just finished reading your inner thoughts...All i can say as i wipe tears of joy and sadness...Keep going...keep writing...keep sharing...and as you mentioned what you went through is nothing but a chapter in your amazing book....there can be no testimony without first overcoming the test. 🙏❤🙏 #Inspiring
Diana C said…
Steffi, very well written expression of your life experiences and how we can all relate some how. Keep this up, your are talented and this realness, helps other like me as well.❤👏🏼

Popular Posts