To my dear Grandma

A beautiful day out
Sitting under the sun
Repeating your name
Thérèse, Thérèse
Soul like mother Theresa
Caring spirit with a bright smile
We know you are looking down on us
A pile of memories, sitting here
Just waiting to be decipher
Your beauty rivaled an Indian Queen
Strong, Courageous, Faithful, Love, Peaceful, and Joyful
Are the words that come to mind when I think about you.

I praise the higher power
For gifting me with such a marvelous soul
A soul that leaves its warm touch
Even in the realm of the dead
The pain is suffocating me inside
Unable to describe how your passage to the unknown world
Had cause me sorrow
Several years have passed without seeing this face that I once knew
To know that I only have memories of you to cherish
Bring tears to my eyes.

Your voice resonates in my head from time to time
Comforting me when I am alone
Distance might have put a hole in our relationship
But your love was felt from miles
That is why today,
On this sunny day in New York City
I will always look on my left side
Knowing that you are next to me
Holding my hand and leading my path.

To my dear Grand-Mother "Marie-Thérèse Énoïse Simon" who passed away on January 23rd, 2012.


All Rights Reserved

Comments

Giancarlo said…
Felice giornata a te...ciao

Popular Posts