Energy

Feeling the earth underneath my feet.
The tickling of the grass brushing the root of my being.

Lost in my thought,
I wonder how things would have been if they were the inverse of what they are today.
Looked up to the sky,
Trying to find answers in the deep empty space.
"Let go, just let go."
The wind spoke magically to me.
Letting go was the only option.
I closed my eyes and fell into this majestic field.

I saw my reflection,
Not through a mirror or water.
It was standing in front of me.
I closely examine the silhouette starring at me.
Gazing at this presence, which brought a wave of emotions.

The energy was emerging all around this figure.
Who Am I?
A person
A body
A black person
A black woman
A woman
I had to get rid of all the characteristics that were injected into me over the years.
I needed to go deeper,
Deeper to that place where most people had felled to go.
A place where the weak-minded fear.
But a place that restores the frail souls.

A light bulb flickered in my head.
Reviving the circuits in my brain.
It felt as if I was gasping for air.
At that moment, this golden breeze enfolded my body.
Energy
I was just made of energy.


Steffi Saint-Pierre♥


All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular Posts