Thankful for 2018!

As 2018 came to an end, I sat down and reflected on all the experiences and lessons learned.

2018 started with a few ups and downs in the health department, which taught me how to react when certain situations arise and to not panic. Listen carefully when someone is not feeling themselves and find the quickest and best solution possible. The lesson for the beginning of 2018 was to expect the unexpected. We are never fully ready when certain situations come knocking at our doors. The best way to deal with them is with a calm mind and faith that these too shall pass.

Unsure how to describe this year, but one thing I'm sure of is to never be afraid of being who you are.
I was always skeptical and scared to share the creative side of me with my surroundings but didn't hesitate to share it with my partner from the get-go. I enjoy the world of art in general. I enjoy writing, singing, acting, and dancing. I'm a fireball that won't hesitate to bounce when the music drop, that speaks from the heart, that gets into characters if the situation requires it, and will sing my lungs out to express my joy or appease the sadness or pain. My creative side has always been my refuge from the outside world. This side of me kept me sane on this journey. It has helped me through moments of depression. I've learned to embrace all that I am and made of. Basically, 2018 has taught me to continue to accept and embrace the wholesomeness of being me and best believe there is no mistake in who I am. My younger self was always afraid of people's opinions of me, but one thing for sure, people will always have something to say, but I can never lose sight of my greatness. Another lesson was to never play small for others to feel comfortable in my presence.
The most memorable part of ending this year was to perform a song I wrote to the person that has been supporting me from the get-go. Thanks to this delicate soul who's been there during all the transformations. It was one of the most memorable moments of the year.
Last year also taught me to always put myself first no matter what. Recognize who will always have your back and stand by you in a moment of need, best believe it might be the least expected person. Learn to say no and stand by it. Never worry about the past nor people from the past, we are always right where we need to be. Let your past experiences assist you in your growth. Certain situations don't require much of your time nor energy. We are all blessed in our own way, so always focus on your own blessings. Never regret decisions made as they shaped your presence to what it is now.

The mood for 2019 is to worry about yourself.

Steffi Saint-Pierre♥

All Right Reserved

Comments

Popular Posts